Monday, August 23, 2010

Overtime Overdrive & the Beauty of 2 Corinthians - May 13, 2010

It seems like a very busy time.
I've decided that in order to get anything done...or rather for me to complete anything, in general...I have to put myself on a deadline. Once I had begun to map out this deadline timeline I realized that there is always a lot to do. It is in these times that I remember that it's especially important to mentally slow down and focus on God's grace and His purpose for my life.
I'm making my way through 2 Corinthians again. It is such a beautiful reminder of the reason we are here. I love its message. So rather than get wrapped up in my crazy mental ramblings, I'll just leave these beautiful messages here.

2 Cor 1:21-22 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

2 Cor 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Cor 4:6 For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Cor 5:18-21 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconcilied to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

2 Cor 8:14 your abundance at the present time should supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness.

2 Cor 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

2 Cor 9:11 You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way.

2 Cor 7-10 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded witht the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I love God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment