I've been offered the job that I interviewed for last week. Tomorrow, I will sit with someone at the church to get the official offer, completed with pay and benefits explaination. From what I understand, it is all good. It's all very, very good. God has truly led this entire process. It is amazing to see it all at work in my life.
Usually, the more you find out about a job the more you find that you don't like. In this case, the more I learn the more I love it! Yes, there's still a lot that I don't know, but my view is that God has led this. This is where God is moving me, so that's where I will go - whatever that means. However, God is pouring out His blessings to me and my family through this job opportunity.
Also, He has greatly calmed my nerves. When I interviewed for the job I could only think how terrified I was to tell my boss that I'm leaving. While I still don't enjoy the idea, I know that it is an opportunity to exercise my faith. By sitting in such an awkward position for me (and knowing what it will do to him), I am relying on God's sovereignty. We are called to follow Him. If I want my life to be molded by Him, I have to be willing to do what He calls me to. And if I know that He is a good and righteous judge, I know that I can trust Him completely - with my family and with my boss's family. I can trust that God will provide for my boss as well. He will be just fine without me.
A friend of mine also brought up a good point - this could be a wonderful opportunity for me to share my faith with my boss, in a way that would have never happened if I stayed here. The explaination for me leaving lies in my love for God and desire to follow Him. Not that you have to work at a church to follow God, but in my case it is an incredible opportunity to follow where I think He's leading me. Outreach and missions is my passion. God has led me to a place where I can work in that area. Leaving this job is a testimony of what God can do. It's a small example, but to someone who may not know God it could resonate more loudly.
I will never know how my boss will take my leaving. Quite honestly, if he's furious about it, that is not my concern. I'm not leaving this job out of spite or ill will. I'm leaving because God is moving me. If my boss doesn't take it well, that's between him and God. I don't mean that to sound callous. All I mean is that I'm much more responsible to moving as God is leading than I am to making or keeping my boss happy. I can't be, and am not, responsible for my boss's reaction, though I pray that he will find peace in it.
I say all of this with great peace and trust. My future is in God's hands, and I trust no one more than He. There's no telling what the next year will hold, or what the next five years will hold. It's an exciting adventure when you're being led by the One who loves you most of all and is the most glorious in all the universe and beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment