Not that the opportunity has been presented to me, only the potential of an opportunity, yet already I wonder if given the opportunity to leave my job, will I do it?
After much thought and prayer, I think that if God opens the door then I should step through.
It's not that I wish to leave the secular world so I can live in a safe, little Christian bubble. I'm just very excited to be a part of the work to reach those in our community and to help support missions. That sounds like an answered prayer. Whether it is an answered prayer or not will depend on whether I get the job.
I'm feeling more and more like if I am offered the position, then I need to take it - even if it will be a difficult thing to do. Because long-term, I would much rather be doing that work than this work.
The one concern is maternity leave. As far as I know, there is nothing offered at the new place - because the workers were typically older. However, now they have an ever increasing younger staff - and women typically need some kind of maternity coverage.
A beautiful blessing is that I think I do have a way to save money for that time. That, and there's Christmas, baby shower, birthday, and our tax return to all help with it. Somehow, we will find a way. God will provide for our family. He's the reason we need to consider our funds while we are expecting this beautiful blessing to begin with.
As a friend recently said, "The areas of my life that I don't give over to God are those that most exhaust me."
I could worry myself to death over this and try to think of ways to "ensure" that all will go a certain way - though I have little idea what I want or should do. So I need to take my hands off and see what happens, which I think I'm doing pretty well.
Only time will tell what God alone knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment