Monday, October 18, 2010

Awaiting the Acceptance of Joy

I miscarried in July of 2009.  It was devestating to me.  I felt betrayed by my body and lost faith in it.  I was crushed that it happened to me.  I only thank God that I miscarried so early.  It was likely due to a chromosomal error, and my body rejected it.  So as this last week has progressed and I have suspected that I am (finally) pregnant after that ordeal, I find that joy is not quick to come.


I am hesitant to take a pregnancy test - even now as I am 3 days late.  I have been skeptical and still distrusting of my body.  Though logically I know that miscarriage is quite common and there's no reason for me to suspect that I can't have more children, I still wait as the hours and the days tick by, waiting to see if I will lose this one as well.  So far...not a sign that I will.


I felt some relief this morning, that there is still no sign that something is going wrong.  I do feel a lot of twinges and occasional achiness, but nothing to be alarmed about.  I didn't have all of the symptoms that I do now when I miscarried.  That's promising.  Yet I remain cautious.  I don't remember feeling all of the twinging with Matthew.  I know that each pregnancy is different.  Hope is slowly and bravely rising.  I need to decide when I will take the test.


It's not so much about knowing whether I am or am not pregnant.  I am certain at this point that I am.  It's about the visible confirmation that I am.  At that point, I have to accept it.  Then if I miscarry, I have to accept that as well.  It's all in my head, I know. 


Whatever God has planned, I know that we will be okay.  I truly believe that.  His presence is the greatest blessing.  Here's my life.  Let it be all for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment