Monday, October 4, 2010

30 Days to a no-regret life

This book that we're doing at church, One Month to Live, is a great book.  It's been wonderful in clarifying that #1 I need to leave my job and #2 my marriage is vital.  It's been so healing in our marriage just by setting some things straight in my head.  I really love my husband.  That sounds so silly to say, but I really, really do.  Learning to accept and forgive has freed me to love more.

I wanted to write down my convictions that it asks me to list, on Day 25.
These are convictions that I believe to be timeless:
1. You can't go wrong as long as you love
2. You don't get points for doing it or for doing it well, but doing it with grace
3. You must serve in order to lead
4. Aside from God, people should always take priority
5. Image is decieving - and often damaging

It also asks me to list the character traits that I would like to be remembered for:
1. Love
2. Patience
3. Grace
4. Joy
5. Gentleness

I love that it asks me to list these things because they act as a guideline for my behavior.  Does my behavior at any given moment reflect my convictions or the character I would like to be remembered for?

I'm really eager to see what God is doing in our family.  Sometimes it feels like chaos, but I know that He is behind it all because He is good.  Despite my faults, flaws, failures, and weaknesses He is good and blesses us - so that we may be a blessing to others, for the praise and glory of His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment