Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Sport of Competitive Prayer

I couldn't help but smile the other day at dinner time. Our little boy has gotten into the habit of saying our prayer for us at dinner time when Chad can't be with us for dinner. Sometimes I have to ask him to let me do it, and other times I just let him do it. It's so sweet. Well, lately, Matthew has been competing a bit with Chad for our dinner prayer. Matthew assumes that he's praying. Sometimes I've asked him to let daddy pray. I think the final consensus is that Matthew prays first, then daddy gets to pray.

I couldn't help but smile as this happened the other day. I never imagined that our family would be a church-going family. I never imagined how it would be possible that my husband would seek God. I certainly never imagined that my son and husband would have to take turns praying at dinner so that they each get their chance to pray. :o)

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment