Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Sound of the Saints

One of my favorite sounds is the sound of the congregation singing worship on Sunday mornings. Quite honestly, I used to be more critical than sentimental about it. I used to be distracted by someone singing off key near me. However, off key or on I now so love the sound of God's children lifting their voices to praise and worship Him.

I imagine us all before the throne, giving thanks to our King and Redeemer. I imagine the light of His glory pouring over us - those whom He has drawn near Him and loved. After the trials and tribulations of this world are behind us, we will forever sing His praise and worship with joy overflowing.

How I love the sound of God's children singing worship - for the glimpse it gives me of the promise that lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment